Monday, April 16, 2007

Catch up

Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've got so much to talk about and so little time to do it. Tsk, tsk.

Right now I am waitng for my son to get dressed and ready for school. I've been ready to so since 6:15am... I like to get to work early to get stuff done before anyone else shows up..

Hm. Let's see. Went to Chicago for the ISNA Education Forum. It was fabulous. The shopping was great. Seriously... the selection of clothes and books... things you won't even find where I'm at. And even if someone random auntie at the masjid gets her brother in some random Middle East city to send her things to sell.. the prices are like double what they are in Chicago. Sometimes even triple.

****

So it felt like I'd been working for 14 days + without one day's rest. Yeah.. I had last Friday off but that was to fly out to Chicago and then attend lectures til like 10 pm. Then be at it all day on Saturday.. get up early to leave on Sunday. Got home Sunday and had to plan for my week... Blech.

By Friday I had come down w/ the cold and Saturday I was completely bed-ridden. I only remember waking up for food and water and then going back to bed. I talked to one of my friends for like 5 minutes and it took so much energy to even chat on the phone.

I missed my work's monthly community potluck. In the words of my best friend: "Wow Jilbabble, you must have been REALLY sick!"

I'm feeling better Alhamdulillah.

*****

I'll post more later... I got to get the boy to hurry up...

No comments: