Sunday, January 27, 2008

Something Better

Last night I hung out with my son.

It was a great evening because we haven't spent time like this in a long time.

Our school had a basketball night last night and he really wanted to go.. but the odds were against us and I decided that we shouldn't go (I had locked my keys in my car and we were waiting for the locksmith to come open the car).

We went grocery shopping together and I got him the candy he wanted (which he never asks for).

We went through the Taco Bell drive thru for dinner.

We came home, ate our fast food and decided on what movie to order On Demand (Pay-per-view). We settled on Harry Potter 5, which we'd already seen. We watched the movie, bundled up under a comforter. He passed out before the movie ended.


It was one of the best Saturday nights I'd had in a long time. Alhamdulillah.

1 comment:

Afrah said...

Mashallah. Allah is al-rahman! Im so glad for your wonderful time with your son, may you have many more days and nights like that one!